Trading in Phones, Tech or Games
Get a great price and a prompt service by trading-in or selling your mobile devices or games online at TechTrades.co.uk
Anything you send to us for Trade-in will be credited to your TechTrades Account to be spent on anything on our site.
Why Choose TechTrades?
- Trades are usually processed the same or next working day.
- There are no fees.
- You can spend your credit on new games, tech and digital products as well as preowned.
- You can send in your goods safely and securely for FREE using our Royal Mail Tracked Service.
- If you would prefer you can get CASH please check out our Cash Sale page.
How to trade in my Phones, Tech and Games at TechTrades.co.uk?
It is simple...
- Search for the item you want to trade in by typing one or two words in the search box or scanning the product barcode.
- Once you have found your item select the condition (under the value).
- Click the trade-in button.
- Repeat process for each item you wish to trade (you should not check out until all your items are in the basket).
- Once all your trade-ins are entered click the orange basket at the top of the screen and you will be taken to the check-in basket.
- Complete your check-in. Acknowledging the T&C and warnings as you go.
- If trading a Apple or Samsung device please double check you have removed your account details fully from the device. You can find help and advice to do this here.
- Package your items and attach the Royal Mail postage label generated which you click Create My Label on the last page of check-in.
- Take your package to your local Post Office to be scanned in.
- Sit back and relax - In two working days the warehouse should receive your package and process your trades.
- Spend the credit received as you wish.
Please package your items safely and make sure they are well protected to ensure they will not be damaged in transit, we cannot be held responsible for any damage which could reduce the trade-in price we can offer or even result in the trade being rejected.
Once your trades have been received and examined by our trade-in processing team you will receive an email letting you know how much credit you have to spend on the website.
Save or spend, it’s up to you.
IMPORTANT: Our Trade in Terms & Conditions
- Quotes given are valid for 10 days. Your trade-in must be posted to us (not received) within that time period to be guaranteed the quoted values.
- Only UK Tech will be accepted for trade-in.
- Quotes for Tech may be adjusted if the condition does not match the description you originally gave - we are generous and reluctant to make deductions - but see Guide here for details.
- You MUST remove your personal account/security details from any Device before sending it in. See here.
- Only UK Pal versions of games can be traded-in at full value. None UK compatible/None English Language Imports will be rejected and disposed of or returned to sender at their own expense. However None UK games that will work here and are in English will instead have their value reduced at our discretion.
- PC games will only be accepted in DVD cases. Anything else will be reduced at our discretion.
- Games which feature online registration or single use activation will have zero trade-in value.
- £2 per disc will be deducted from any trade-in values if the processor decides the disc needs to be repaired/polished to meet our standards for sale.
- Faulty electronic items will not be accepted and will be returned to the customer at their own expense or destroyed. Customers will have 10 days to let us know/arrange any return.
- Other damage or missing parts not already covered in check-in will result in the trade-in value being lowered accordingly (you cannot usually send in any missing parts later).
- The trade-in processor’s decisions regarding trade-in game(s) condition and subsequent reductions are final.
- Only 1 copy of any item can be traded-in by each household. Additional copies may be returned to sender at their own expense or, more likely, have the value given reduced at our discretion.
- You must be at least 16 years of age to use the trade-in facility.
- If any adjustments are made to your quote you will be informed by email of the changes along with a brief explanation. We cannot add value at this point if you wish to send any missing parts etc to us so please check items carefully before sending.
- Only genuine UK BBFC age rated BluRays or DVDs will be accepted as trade-in.
- When Trading-in any games console it must be a UK PAL version and fully working with the manufacturers guarantee security seal(s) intact. Missing/damaged security seals will mean the console is rejected and disposed of or returned to send at their expense. You would have 10 days to let us know which option you would prefer.
- When trading-In a games console all items that are included when the item would be bought new must be present (not paperwork or DLC but controllers/TV cable/power leads/memory cards/stylus etc). Reductions will be made for any missing items (including box).
To use our Royal Mail Tracked delivery label you must follow the guidelines here.